Let me introduce you to my rescue dog. He’s got a Chihuahua head and Pug body with a curled tail. He was two years old and scrawny when we brought him home. Now he’s, well, no longer scrawny. His name, Rango, seemed to suit him.
Today I wish you a Rango kind of day! Here’s a preview of what to expect.
- When you are hungry, do twirls in the kitchen until someone fills your bowl.
- Take several walks during the day.
- Visit the home office and get a treat from the reward jar. (Some days they may not remember how many treats you have had.)
- Keep your favorite blanket handy for naps, covering your head if it is especially bright or chilly.
- When someone takes the time to rub your belly, be sure to show all your teeth when you smile in appreciation.
- Keep everyone on schedule. If they are busy, get attention by whining or twirling. Routines are essential for feeling secure.
What do we learn from a Rango kind of day? Remember our past, realize our progress, and be thankful for all our blessings!
Let every living, breathing creature praise God! Hallelujah!Psalms 150:6 MSG
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the ocean depths. You care for people and animals alike, O Lord.Psalms 36:6 NLT
Leave a Reply