The most enjoyable part of moving to a new place is filling all the rooms with your stuff and memories. Everything is arranged to please you and support your lifestyle. After all the hard work, learn to live, love, and rest in God’s Grace.
“Remember, resting is a primary test of our faith. Can we rest? All these little things like food and sleep are fundamental ways in which we learn to submit ourselves to God through our bodily nature. We rest in the Lord and wait patiently on him. So, if you are weary, and if you can, take a nap.” ― Dallas Willard
No matter what kind of move or change we are undertaking there is always adjustment and adaptation to our new surroundings or new ways of living. Negative habits can be especially challenging to overcome, but we can notice the signs of blessings along the way and to continue to follow God.
The Bible is rich in describing the peace and blessings He has for us with calming and beautiful imagery. Let’s take a walk through my paraphrase of Psalms 23:
- It’s a beautiful day! Because the Lord is our shepherd, we have all we need.
- He leads us to a soft, green meadow where we can rest next to a peacefully flowing stream and renew our strength.
- He continues to lead us along the right paths, and we will bring Him honor.
- We may have to walk through a dark valley, but we won’t stay there. We don’t have to be afraid because God is close.
- He carries the tools we need for protection and comfort.
- He prepares a delicious feast for us and even invites our enemies.
- He honors us with fragrant oil for our heads. Our cups overflow with blessings.
- Goodness and unfailing love will follow us all the days of our life. When our lives on earth are finished, we will live in the Lord’s house forever.
Learn to Live, Love, and Rest in God’s Grace
The love and provision of God is amazing. Enjoy your new adventure and a peaceful, much earned rest! What is your favorite imagery from the Bible? Share in the comments.
No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety.Psalms 16:9 NLT
[Jesus said] Don’t let this rattle you. You trust God, don’t you? Trust me. There is plenty of room for you in my Father’s home. If that weren’t so, would I have told you that I’m on my way to get a room ready for you? And if I’m on my way to get your room ready, I’ll come back and get you so you can live where I live. And you already know the road I’m taking.John 14:1-4 MSG
Leave a Reply