A friend often photographed the amazing views from her home in the Texas Hill Country. She thought of these images when she read my post, Simplicity. Today will you recognize daily blessings?
The image I used for today’s post is her computer’s screen saver and delights her with serenity every day. Abby wrote, “Viewing God’s simple Hand in nature is enough for me.”
What are some uncomplicated, daily pleasures you enjoy? Can you relate to any of these:
- morning cup of coffee or afternoon tea
- beautiful view from your deck, porch or window
- baby laughing
- hug from a loved one
- tail-wagging greeting from a pet
- mourning dove cooing from the backyard
- smell of baking cookies or bread
- warm throw blanket, fresh from the dryer
- memories of prayers answered
Add your own favorites to this list, perhaps by starting a gratitude journal, and begin recording your daily blessings. Any time you feel sad, remind yourself of the simple joys of life!
Our Bible verses, from the Living Bible:
Psalm 128:5 “May the Lord continually bless you with heaven’s blessings as well as with human joys.”
1Corinthians 1:3 “May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you all of his blessings, and great peace of heart and mind.”
Photograph, Window to Harmony, by Abby Birdwell, used with permission.
Leave a Reply