In the fall of 2018, my life took a mental health detour. Circumstances involving family members opened deep emotional wounds I thought had healed. Those wounds seeped vile memories from the murky depths of my mind. I reeled from the resurgence of rejection and neglect; I fought the dark pull of self-blame and self-hatred.
During my battle, I turned to God and began an intense period of self-reflection, Bible study, and prayer. Please keep in mind, this path was my choice and may not be right for you. If you are feeling overwhelmed, please get professional help.
My study notes became a blog, podcast, and book. By sharing my thoughts and feelings, and comparing them to what God reveals to us in the Bible, I hope to guide you in a personal relationship and revelation of God. The Holy Words that brought me wholeness and peace will do the same for you, but not necessarily in the same way. God knows what you need and He will lead you to your answers.
Fun fact: I painted the cover art for the book on a day when the voice of perfectionism lost control of my brain—temporarily, at least!
How This Devotional Will help You
Why buy the book?
- Curl up with your tablet or phone at the end of a hard day and refresh your soul.
- Skip clicking through prior posts just to find a favorite verse or story.
- Enjoy the lovely watercolor design and easy-to-read format.
- Free yourself from wifi worries—ebooks inspire you anytime, anywhere.
- Give a thoughtful gift to someone needing support and encouragement—no wrapping, no postage, just an easy ebook link.
- And, If you are like my dear sister, you can order a paperback version too!
A Recent Review For Finding Peace
This is a beautifully written, down-to-earth collection of daily devotions from a Regular Girl, she deals with so many everyday challenges that each of us faces in our lifetime. Dana expresses her deepest feelings with great honesty and hope. Each chapter provides wisdom, hope, courage and love. They are lyrical, poetic and wise. I highly recommend and praise this gem of a book.— P. W.
Leave a Reply